Week 2

The second week of class put me in the mind of doing something new rather than continuing on the journey of entrepreneurship. I came in the class with a much different expectation, though things should be done from a neutral mindset, I was thinking this would be something which would supplement my already existing. However it seems like I will have to create something new for the course, which isn't a bad thing as I have skills I could use to freelance. Other people's businesses inspired me to go more that route, being part of a company kind of puts you in this mental box. I hadn't really considered how many people are willing to pay for someone who is proficient in VR.

Hearing about the student who turned his freelance photography into a business was pretty cool, he just had a skill and monetized as he saw there was a demand for it. Or did he make the demand? That's the main question I left class with, where do I go to find this slew of people who want VR renderings of their products? I know mainly in architecture it's a pretty huge thing so I could try going to meetups as there's a pretty active of architects in Metro Detroit. I know I see the ACAD around TechTown and got recommended to talk to someone from there before.

That's something else I need to work on, I need to really seize opportunities. Follow up with people and create some type of synergy so we can create a successful project together. I often get people's contacts and just forget about them, why not at least try to make something work, so at least I can say the opportunity didn't slip between my fingers from laziness. I don't know, I have this expectation of doing really cool things. Perhaps I feel that creating 'corporate' things will damage my artistic integrity and end up in me not enjoying my work. This could just as easily be an excuse to avoid being proactive in these situations which could further my entry into the VR space.

Comments